2022 CBC In Montana

2022 CBC In Montana

Friday, May 15, 2015

Burnt Marshmallow

Day 6: Today is the last day we are helping at De La Salle Blackfeet school. Although I do miss home and many people there, I am sad that we are leaving. It really does seem like yesterday that I was getting ready to leave at 4 in the morning to go to the airport. On the first day, we were strangers to the kids and we were all given quirky nicknames, mine being burnt marshmallow. We all went from that, to now we actually feel like we know the kids personally and I know that we all care for them greatly. Last night we came up to the school for a chili cook-off and bingo night. Some of my 5th grade kids came over to my table and we talked about school and I asked about their summer. It really was a great experience talking to the kids about other stuff than school and seeing who they are as a person. Before this trip i was 85% sure that I wanted to become a teacher. but after this trip and this amazing experience I know 100% that I want to become a teacher.
-Will A.

No comments:

Post a Comment